3 February 2017

Song of the Week #9 ~ Victoria Wood

"Bum To The World" – Victoria Wood, Live In Your Own Home (1994)
"Your food is being sprayed with germs, spat on and reheated."


This week's Song of the Week is "Bum To The World" by the wonderfully talented Victoria Wood from her 1994 live show, Live In Your Own Home, which can be found in full here. I love Victoria's songs because they're always extremely funny and very well written (with brilliant rhymes); comic poetry sung to upbeat, catchy tunes. Some of the verses in this song remind me a little of Mrs Lovett's songs in Sweeney Todd, although I'm not sure exactly why. If you liked this one, check out any of Victoria's other songs. In particular, I would recommend "Andrea (A Better Day)", "It Would Never Have Worked" and "The Ballad of Barry and Freda", which was my Song of the Week back in December.

No comments:

Post a Comment