16 December 2016

Song of the Week #2 ~ Loretta Lynn

Here's the second installment of my new 'Song Of The Week' feature, enjoy!

"Black Jack David" – Loretta Lynn, Full Circle (2016)



This week's track is "Black Jack David" by Loretta Lynn. Full Circle was Loretta's first studio album in 12 years, since 2004's Van Lear Rose. It was certainly a thrill to hear the new tracks, which are as brilliant as ever, and as always I adore the story-telling in Loretta's songs. For me, this is without a doubt the best new release of 2016, and just last week the album was nominated for the Grammy Award for Best Country Album! I picked "Black Jack David", Loretta's version of a traditional folk song, because I've had this song on repeat while walking around Leeds city centre and it really makes me happy, plus I love the guitar on this song. 

No comments:

Post a Comment